In order to have the best bandsaw, apart from choosing a suitable band saw, the blades are also one of important factors. Although a band saw could be used for a lot of purposes, an appropriate blade is very necessary for your kind of project that you are working on. To choose a correct blade, there are some factors need to be considered like cut’s kind, material’s kind, material’s size and the project’s layout.
If a larger blade is suitable for scale materials that are large, a smaller blade is advised to use for the materials requiring many delicate turns and curves. Using the smaller blades can bring lots of benefits to the table. Before moving on the benefits of the smaller blades, read some things below to know clearly about the blades.
The Blade Specifications
- The blade’s width: Considering the blade’s width is recommended because this helps determine how much circles, curves or turns we could make out of the materials and the material’s kind.
- Tooth Pattern: It is also important because this is used to determine the cut’s speed and smoothness. If the teeth per inch are fewer, they can cut faster though they create a rough finish. On the contrary, more teeth per inch bring a slower cut, and then yields a surface that is smooth.
If you choose the smaller blades, you will soon realize that they give you a lot of benefits. Look at some of them below.
- It helps create the projects that are more delicate. These projects are small containing contours as well as curves, and require the cutting and touch that are more delicate and complicated.
- By using small blades, you could be able to create the spaces that are hollow within solid materials without worrying about breaking the material or the blade in half.
- Forming the shape on the material by turning the material back and forth will become easier.
- Thanks to its small size, the desired shape out of the materials will be achieved in the easy and quick way.
- When the pieces of a band saw box are assembled, there is no hole or uneven surface because it perfectly fits to their places.
- It is convenient to support for turns that are tight, and the cutting’s quality is also nice.
- There are lots of non-ferrous metals they could cut in like brass, aluminum, and copper…
- The material can be cut into thinner pieces.
Along with the larger blades, the smaller blades are also essential indeed. Using them will help you produce furniture as well as miniature drawers that are well-crafted. Moreover, more materials like aluminum also could be cut by the smaller blades to add to your projects. Learn more about these blades can bring to you many benefits than you expect. When switching the blades, it is recommended that you should follow carefully the procedure to make sure everything will work perfectly and also to not damage the equipment.
Take a look at Best Band Saw Reviews for more information.